St. Helens native and Oregon Book Award winner Robin Cody is publishing his first book in 15 years, Another Way the River Has: Taut True Tales from the Northwest. Cody is a writer well known for evoking a strong sense of place in his work. In Another Way, he probes the streams and woods and salmon that run to the heart of what it means to live and love, to work and play, in the Pacific Northwest. Another Way is a collection of Cody’s finest nonfiction writings. His characters – from loggers to fishers to cowboys to the kids on his school bus – are smart, curious, offbeat and often vivid.
Cody will be reading Monday night at the Kennedy School in Portland. Info here, as well as future book tour dates:
The Kennedy School
5736 NE 33rd Avenue, Portland
Monday, April 12, 7 p.m. (Doors open at 6:45 p.m. Cash bar.)
Upcoming Events with Robin Cody:
- Monday, April 12. Reading and Publication Party at The Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Avenue. Cosponsored by Broadway Books. 7 pm. (free drink with book purchase; cash bar; doors open at 6:45)
- Thursday, April 22, McMinnville. Third Street Books, 334 NE Third St. 6:30 pm.
- Saturday, April 24, Kalama, WA. Kalama Wordcatcher 2010, Kalama Community Building. 9-5 pm.
- Saturday, May 1, Cannon Beach. Cannon Beach Bookstore, 130 N. Hemlock. 2 p.m.
- Monday, May 3, Portland. Powell’s on Hawthorne, 3723 SE Hawthorne, Blvd. 7:30 pm.
- Friday, May 7, Corvallis. The Arts Center, 700 SW Madison. Cosponsored by Grass Roots Books & Music. 7 pm.
- Saturday, May 8, Eugene-Springfield. Springfield Public Library, cosponsored by UO Bookstore. 2 pm.
- Wednesday, May 12, Astoria. Lucy’s Books, 348 12th Street. 7 pm.
- Saturday, May 15, The Dalles. “Fishstock”–a benefit for Fishtrap. The Dalles Civic Auditorium.
- 6 pm.
- Tuesday, May 25, Portland. Broadway Books, 1714 NE Broadway. 7 pm.
- Wednesday, June 16, Hood River. Hood River County Library, 502 State St. Cosponsored by Waucoma Bookstore. 7 pm.